Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/homew7/public_html/fightingfantasyapps.com/wp-content/plugins/lightbox-gallery/lightbox-gallery.php on line 570
“Kidnapped by a vicious race of Lizard Men from Fire Island, the young men of Oyster Bay face a grim future of slavery, starvation and a lingering death. Their master will be the mad and dangerous Lizard King, who holds sway over his land of mutants by the strange powers of black magic and voodoo. Will you risk all in an attempt to save the prisoners?”
You can relive the adventures on Fire Island on your phone or tablet, lovingly updated for digital devices. Presented in full colour with realistic physics-based dice rolling for battles, auto-mapping, an auto-updated adventure sheet and stat keeping.
Writer, Ian Livingstone, was one of the co-founders of Games Workshop and has continued to have a distinguished career in both tabletop gaming and video games.
Cover artist, Iain McCaig, has an extensive print and film portfolio, and is probably best known for designing Padmé Amidala and Darth Maul for The Phantom Menace!
- Make the gamebook as easy or hard as you like and even turn on a special cheat mode to read it old-school!
- Atmospheric new visuals which can be turned off to make the gamebook look like it came off the printing press in the 80s!
- Auto-mapping tracks your journey across Fire Island! See locations appear as you discover them!
- Iain McCaig’s famous cover brought to life. The Lizard King has never been this terrifying!
- Alan Langford’s classic illustrations colorised for the app, making full use of high-resolution displays.
- Achievements to find throughout the gamebook.
Island of the Lizard King has been created using Tin Man Games’ critically acclaimed Gamebook Adventures Engine featuring:
- Read the book horizontally or vertically on your tablet.
- An automated Adventure Sheet to keep track of stats and inventory.
- Realistic physics based dice rolling. Shake your device!
- Artwork gallery. Find an illustration in the gamebook and be able to access it full-screen forever.
- Bookmarking system which saves your position in the gamebook, much like putting your fingers between the pages to remember your previous page when reading the paperback!
- Specially composed soundtrack and sound effects.
GET IT NOW!
Pocketgamer Review – “It’s fun, it’s slick, and it’s another worthy addition to the digital Fighting Fantasy canon that Tin Man Games is so ably accumulating.” – 8 out of 10! – SILVER AWARD!
Gamezebo Review – “Rip-roaring tale of classic adventure and derring-do, pitched at an excellent difficulty level for the digital format.” – 4 out of 5 stars!
148 Apps Review – “Telling a gripping yarn with the trademark exceptional adventure gamebook gameplay, Island of the Lizard King is quite the delight.” – 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Digitally Downloaded Review – “It’s great to see that Tin Man Games is able to be so prolific within its niche and provide people with a huge range of different books to choose from so that they can pick the experience that best suits their tastes. If you’re anything like me, however, one book isn’t going to be even close to enough.” – 4.5 out of 5 stars!
Starburst Magazine Review – “…fun for old gamers and a great introduction for gamers-yet-to-be.” – 8 out of 10!